The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vermont Moose applications are available, got a post card in the mail yesterday. Anyone else applying?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I have Moose apps in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and Montana. As usual, I will most likely not draw any of them...

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I put in for NH the last 5 or so years. I'll draw it eventually....probably in the next 15 years!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Just put in online.I thought I missed the deadline.No luck in Nh,now I have to hope for Maine or Vt

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I'm on my last year of not being allowed to apply for VT moose so for this year I'm hoping the boy gets drawn in VT.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
bbd!5b said:
How hard is it to get a moose tag?

It depends. I've held three myself in the last ten years and my wife and my BIL both got drawn once. Others I knew have never gotten a tag.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I know for some it probably gets old in hearing me mention the five New england moose hunts I partook in every time a thread gets started about NE moose hunting. Trust me I don't do it to brag. Instead I put myself out there for people who may have questions pertaining to New England moose hunting or lotteries. It's been amazing how many PM's I've gotten with people asking those kind of questions since I've joined HPA. There is a huge amount of interest among PA hunters in regards to the New England moose lotteries. Those states are close to home and if you go DIY you can hunt moose rather cheaply. I didn't even have a grand into my first VT moose hunt in '03. Back then the license was $85 and I talked online about being drawn and a guy who owned a hunting camp in my zone PM'd me and offered his camp free of charge for the week! I killed a 51" bull on that hunt (DIY) and I butchered him myself. So I did that hunt REALLY cheap. And my taxidermist only charged me $450 for this mount.

Bottom line is I was helped out by a gentleman on a hunting website and that is why my hunt was so successful. So now I consider it my duty to put myself and my story out here so people find out and I can maybe help them.

Cow moose I took in VT in '09;

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I failed again to draw a moose sheep or goat tag in montana, still waiting on Maine.

·
Super Moderator
26,656 Posts
My brother has been a Montana resident since 1987, and has yet to draw a sheep or goat tag. Not sure how long he's been putting in, but it's been a while. He may also only be trying for a specific area.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts