The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ingredients
1 pound ground venison 1 tablespoon brown sugar 8 saltine crackers, crumbled 1 egg, beaten 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion flakes 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme 1 dash cinnamon 1 dash paprika 3 tablespoons ketchup 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Mix together venison, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, crackers, and egg in a bowl. Season with mustard, cilantro, garlic powder, onion flakes, thyme, cinnamon, and paprika; mix well. Pat mixture into a 9x9-inch pan, or a loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 40 minutes. Stir together the ketchup, with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Spread on top of the meatloaf, and place back in the oven

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I'll have to try your recipe.
I just use a simple "meatloaf" recipe. Never knew venison could taste so good!!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Tried this last night. Was good we made a few changes.

Ingredients
1.20 pound ground venison
3 strips of bacon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
8 saltine crackers crumbled
1 egg beaten
1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
1/4 teaspoon oregeno
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1 dash cinnamon
1 dash paprika
5 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot sauce

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Mix together venison, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, crackers, and egg in a bowl.

Season with mustard, oregano, garlic powder, garlic, parsley, cinnamon, and paprika - mix well.

Pat mixture into a 9x9-inch pan, or a loaf pan. Place bacon on top of the loaf to cover it.

Bake in preheated oven to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), about 40 minutes. Stir together the ketchup, with 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, and the hot sauce.

Spread on top of the meatloaf & bacon, and place back in the oven to finish.

I would like to stess the need of a meat thermometor as ours took closer to an hour then the 40 minutes. Just make sure it gets to 160.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
i'm still stuck on the last one I made with the Lipton's Beefy Onion soup mix with a couple eggs and some bread crumbs. I've done the "add this and that, and roast your veggies first, then re-grind and do alot of effort" meatloaf and yeah, it was DEEEELISH...but for simplicity and ease of the wife making dinner - the lipton route can Git'r Done. IMO.

the recipes posted above DO sound good though...especialy when you add bacon to it...

The next time I make a venison meat loaf, i'm gonna make a lattice work of bacon to cover the meatloaf with

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
Thanks for this thread!
Got home last night and made a venison meatloaf

·
Registered
576 Posts
All sound like great recipes. Want to take it 1 step more & you have access to a smoker. Smoke at 225-250 for 3 hour or until 160 internal temp. Last 30 min. coat top with favorite BBQ sauce.

·
Registered
347 Posts
For simplicity, try this one. For every pound of ground meat(hamburger), add one box of (uncooked) chicken flavored stove top stuffing mix, and one egg. Mix well, form into a meat loaf and bake. Very simple and very tasty.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
My recipe for any meatloaf.

About a lb Ground meat
one small diced onion
one egg
ketchup, Heinz, between 1/4 and a 1/2 cup or more to taste in the mix
a couple of table spoons of yellow mustard
a couple dashes worcestershire sauce
enough seasoned bread crimbs to make the right consistency
salt and pepper

after mixing put in a loaf pan and cover the top of the loaf with ketchup and stick in the oven for an hour at 350.

My wife has basically the same recipe but she used cornflake crumbs in place of bread crumbs.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
They all sound great.Try substituting 1/3 of whatever meat your using with Bob Evans sausage. Adds a different flavor that my wife and I really like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts