The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hunting partner was able to kill a nice young deer (button) it weighed in at a svelte 60 pounds. We decided not to cut it into steaks but use the hind quarters as roasts. So after butchering this morning, one hind quarter was prepared and covered with a lattice of bacon. It was then charcoal grilled for about 3 and 1/2 hours.
Al has always enjoyed cooking and this was one of his finest creations. It was tender enough to cut with a fork.

Here are a few pics of its progress.

After adding the bacon.

On the Grill!

It's DONE.

Carving for our meal.

It was delightful. Yum Yum Yum!

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
Nice work on the bacon weave, looks awesome

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
holy crap, my cheeks hurt. daaaang that looks good!

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
and I LOVE looking in the background of pics like these...what's with the CRC Silicone? and that KNIFE...dear LORD I think you mugged Crocodile Dundee

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The CRC is food safe silicone for lubricating the meat grinder. The knife from Outdoor Edges game preparation kit.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
that's what I thought about the CRC...but have never seen it before. my buddy uses veggie oil on his grinder parts and cleans it up real good after every use.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wow, definately making my mouth water....can't wait to try something similar...maybe some peppered bacon!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
this looked that good I am trying it this weekend up at camp. thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bigben, Looks good and I bet it was. Might try your rub too. I'll probably leave out the cayenne pepper though.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts