The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my last 5'' chunk of back strap and put it on the grill. For the sauce I sauted about 1/2 a sweet onion in butter then added 1 clove of garlic, about a teaspoon of white pepper and added about 1/4 cup of butter and melted it down. Then I basted the back strap with the butter mix all over and put it on a hot grill to get a sear turned it over and gave it a good basting again turned it after about 3 mins. and basted it. cut through the middle it was about med. done still red in the middle. Put it on a plate and basted it real good again. Melt in your mouth tender and tasty.

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
Fixed my last back straps this past week. Two good nights of grilling while the wife was eating hamburgers.... About a half dozen sausage patties left plus some stew meat....

·
Registered
393 Posts
My freezer died while i was visiting my daughter for a week in march. Lost all my venison and beef. The first doe that walks by on october third is going to fix that. Unless a big buck walks by first.

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
One year when our electricity was out for several days I rented a generator to keep the very full freezer going. When the final bill came in I contacted the my insurance company for reimbursement and was told, "They don't pay for a generator; however, if my meat had spoiled they would have reimbursed the cost of the meat."

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One year when our electricity was out for several days I rented a generator to keep the very full freezer going. When the final bill came in I contacted the my insurance company for reimbursement and was told, "They don't pay for a generator; however, if my meat had spoiled they would have reimbursed the cost of the meat."
Wow that's not good, nobody wants to loose a freezer full of venison. But that sounds about right what an insurance company would do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts