The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vegas has the superbowl odds out for next season and has the eagles and steelers tied at 6-1 odds, beating out the giants who have 8-1 odds. not that that means anything whatsoever, but I find it funny they're already betting against the giants.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Eagles vs. Steelers? That would be awesome. Pittsburgh would finally get that number seven.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Muzz said:
Eagles vs. Steelers? That would be awesome. Pittsburgh would finally get that number seven.
That was a superbowl match back in 1995? 1996? 1997? Not sure what year. Steelers prevailed.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the eagles haven't been to the superbowl since 2004 and befoer that it was 1981. that sounded much more pathetic than I had hoped

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually come to think of it, the steelers didn't win a superbowl in the 90's either. I think they lost to the cowboys at some point in that evil empire from texas.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Yeah, Super Bowl 30. Neil O'Donnell, may his soul burn in the deepest depths of Hades for eternity, hit Larry Brown twice between the numbers and lost the game singlehandedly. But yes, I would LOVE to see Steelers/Eagles. Care to make an early wager on that one Dan? The New York Super Bowl would be sweet, hopefully with both teams in the snow. Beaver Stadium would be sweeter, though.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Steely Ran said:
Muzz said:
That was a superbowl match back in 1995? 1996? 1997? Not sure what year. Steelers prevailed.
The Steelers have never had the opportunity to properly thrash the Eagles in the Super Bowl. The Vikings, Cowboys(twice), Rams, Seachickens and Cardinals have all been victimized. However, the Packers did beat us, and we gave the Cowboys another one.

Wow, the Steelers have played in a lot of Super Bowls, haven't they.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Dan Castle said:
actually come to think of it, the steelers didn't win a superbowl in the 90's either. I think they lost to the cowboys at some point in that evil empire from texas.
Worry not, my good man. With guys like Mike Vick and D Jax leading the way, what could possibly go wrong? Other than those two getting egos that are bigger than Andy Reid's gut.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
Steelers and Eagles? That'd be better than the Pens-Flyers in the eastern conference finals....

No it wouldn't, but it still would be pretty good.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
odonnell was just giving back the one the boys gave pitt back in the 70s. to bad larry brown wasnt playing te for dallas then he would have made that catch. in reality pitt has only been in 17.8 % of the SBs

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
You do realise that at 17.8 % of the superbowls, the Steelers would have played in 1 out of every 5.6 superbowls? I'll take them numbers all day long.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
dennis h. said:
You do realise that at 17.8 % of the superbowls, the Steelers would have played in 1 out of every 5.6 superbowls? I'll take them numbers all day long.
And most importantly, they have been victorious in one of every 7.6. I still refuse to buy that the Eagles are just as capable as the Steelers are of winning the SB, particularly with a QB who tends to fold in high pressure situations.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Danesdad said:
Steelers and Eagles? That'd be better than the Pens-Flyers in the eastern conference finals....

No it wouldn't, but it still would be pretty good.
Pittsburgh and Philly with a championship on the line? I have to disagree with you DD. It would be better than eastern conference finals.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I'm with DD on this one. Pens/Flyers in the conference finals would be way better than Steelers/Eagles superbowl. There is a natural hatred between the two hockey teams. Not so much in football. Hate brings out alot more emotion.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Pens/Flyers in the conference finals would be way better than Steelers/Eagles superbowl.
Thats a no-brainer, 7 game series vs just 1 game. As for vegas odds when was the last time the(early season) favorite won.

·
Registered
645 Posts
for the '12-'13 season Philly has a better chance of achieving a high school graduation rate of above 50% than the eagles have of making the superbowl!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and 68% graduated from pittsburgh public schools last year! haha!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts