The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a study that said 49 percent of those asked would get a covid vaccination when it becomes available, while 29 percent said they would not. The balance is “unsure.”

What say you?

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
I'm in the unsure category. Normally, I'd get it without hesitation, as I do the flu vaccine every season, but with all the "stuff" going on, I'll be somewhat skeptical. Part of my reasoning is that there is already talk of requiring that everyone be vaccinated, which I feel is a violation of my right to be "secure in my person". I saw Alan Dershowitz argue that the requirement would be constitutional, by I disagree.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My instinct is not to. I generally social distance as a lifelong practice. I hate crowds and I've been somewhat of a germaphobe since childhood. I dearly hope the handshake forever goes away as a positive outcome of this.

That said my wife would probably make me get it. She's been easing up a tad lately but all along she's been relatively worked up about this whole kung flu ordeal. We do have kids of that age that bring a lot of bugs into the household.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Probably not, as I don't even remember the last flu shot I got.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Eventually. I don't think I'm high risk enough for the associated risks. After it's proven effective with minimal side effects for a few years or if the risk of contagion outweighs the risk of the shot I would get it.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

Nope. No interest in it.
Maybe after 7-10 years of proven safety and no "I Am Legend"-like side-effects, I'll reconsider.
Nothing rushed through/bypassing SOP safety & approval processes and "required" by Gov't edict is going in my body.
This. I'll wait several years after the safety of any potential vaccine is known before I think about getting one. I finally started getting the flu shot the last couple of years.

BUT, I fear the chances of them coming up with an effective vaccine for this are less than 50/50.

Haven't been successful with any RNA based viruses yet after 40+ years of trying, what makes anyone think this virus will be any different.

·
Super Moderator
4,880 Posts
I’ve get a flu shot every year, just got shingles shot last month. I get tetanus shots , and pre exposure rabies vaccinations. I don’t see why I wouldn’t get a Covid19 vaccination.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Maybe someday after it's been on the market a few years and the safety of the vaccine is known, let someone else be the guinea pig. I still don't get the flu vaccine because it's only around 45% effective most years. My wife's grandfather died from guillain-barre syndrome caused by the flu vaccine back in the late 1970's.
I too hope we keep the no hand shakes and the social distancing. I'm not a fan of being to close to other human beings, if I can see them they're close enough.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I don’t get a flu shot and haven’t in over ten years yet no flu.I will not be getting an experimental vaccine for the Wuhan virus.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
There are valid points in waiting. I'd probably wait 6 months to a year after on the market to see the short term effects on those first to receive the vaccine.. But I would be eager to get it.

One thing to consider is that depending on the type of vaccine, I believe with some, once vaccinated, you can not have subsequent shots. So if the first vaccine to come to market should be the type not requiring a yearly shot and it turns out to be ineffective, you could be excluded from having a more effective vaccine administered in the future. I'd tend to be more receptive of a vaccine that requires a yearly shot than a longer acting vaccine.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
No Wuhan vax for me. Don't get the flu shot either. I'm a minimum vax guy, so is the rest of my family.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
I highly recommend the shingles vaccine if you have had chicken pox. Your chances of getting shingles is high enough that the vaccine is worth it. Shingles won't kill you, but it is not fun!!!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
no and no to all flu shots, Was kinda forced into a flu shot in sept. 2019 , and was sick from that and arm sore ,well it end of may 20 and arm still get sore from time to time where the shot was shot.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Last Dr visit he chewed me out for not getting a flu shot. Maybe next year. As for the corona shot I'll wait.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Sure, I'd get a Covid vaccination if it becomes available.

I like breathing. Getting "intubated" doesn't look my idea of a good time.

I'm not sure why this is in political forum.

It's a health topic, like nutrition and exercise, not a political topic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts