The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I was thinking about on the way home today. There are many vap cigarette flavors. One of them is some type of donut. I was standing by someone with this type of flavor. Smelled the donut when he exhaled. If someone was using one of these during Bear season upwind, what would stop a Bear from following the scent? Would this not be considered baiting? Would just have to keep inhaling and exhaling to get the donut smell in the air. probably other flavors that would attract bears. Just a thought. Would like to have feedback on this. Sorry so long.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I know guys who have blinds with small propane stoves and cook bacon, eggs, hotdogs, etc... I think that would smell a lot more than flavored water vapor. What about flavored cigars and pipe tobacco that have been around forever? To think that a E cigarette could be used as bait is subjective, and would be very hard to prosecute in court.
Plus, anybody who would go out and huff and puff one of those things continuously in hope to bring a bear in probably needs their head examined. I've witnessed the giant plumes those things put off, looks like the person was on fire...

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The e-cig is steam. Not sure how far that would carry. Plus, if that scent is heading one way....your scent is too. I think the idea with bait is that you can place it away from you so the animal could approach in a way where it smelled the bait and not the hunter. I don't think you'd have much of an advantage.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
bobcat1 said:
blackpowder said:
no different than sitting there eating a donut, right?
smoke travels further and is higher in the air. Can't smell a donut down wind unless sitting right next to the person. So yes, big difference.
if that were the case, scents put on the ground, scrapes for example, would never be smelled, they would stay on the ground. vapor/smoke simply shows you the air current because you can see it.

·
Registered
26,069 Posts
what if you just eat, lets say 1/2 dozen heavily glazed donuts before leaving the car to get to your stand.

and wipe your hands off on your your pant cuffs. that would leave a trail to your stand.

could that be baiting?

Smoking isnt baiting.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
bohunr said:
what if you just eat, lets say 1/2 dozen heavily glazed donuts before leaving the car to get to your stand.

and wipe your hands off on your your pant cuffs. that would leave a trail to your stand.

could that be baiting?

Smoking isnt baiting.
I would have heart burn and it would ruin my hunt

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Originally Posted By: Potter Co. Joe
They just came out with Doe in Heat flavor E Cigs.

I read last year about a couple of idiots that tried using straight doe estrus in their vaporizers instead of the flavored liquid.
Wo, wait a minute. Is this real?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.