The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using 4" vanes for the past 30 years and lately it seems I have been seeing more and more people using blazer vanes. I am getting ready to buy a new dozen arrows and I am wondering if I should switch vanes. Can I get some pro's and con's on the blazer vanes? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i switched 2 seasons ago and i now shoot tighter groups and i find that the 2 inch vanes will hold up much better then the 4 inch vanes. i would recommend them to anyone shooting carbon arrows.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Blazers vanes were designed to steer fix bladed broad heads. Having a higher profile in the back with less weight meant better weight forward tendencies. Personally, I would get a few arrows with Blazers on and compare them with what your shooting now. You may not like them. But if you do, then set the rest of then up!

I use them for everything, field tips and broad heads. Ill never go back to regular vanes again. Yes I do use them in right helical as well. Being so short, in a helical clamp, you can hardly tell there's a helical on it. The back of the vane has a slight keel on it. This gives me a bit more spin to stabilize that arrow a little bit faster. My vanes been on since 2008, and through a WB rest. No problems yet!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Blazers are the only thing ill shoot from now on. They seem to correct the arrow much faster and they fly faster. They are definately more durable to ive noticed.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Shot Blazers for awhile,now i'm shooting Fusions. They work good, but in my opinion the Blazers are alot more durable than the Fusions. Ive already replaced quited a few Fusions this year as compared to only a few Blazers.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Switched to Blazers about 4-5 years ago from 4" vanes and I'll never go back. My Muzzy broadheads fly much better with the Blazers than any other vane I ever used.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
treed74 said:
Shot Blazers for awhile,now i'm shooting Fusions. They work good, but in my opinion the Blazers are alot more durable than the Fusions. Ive already replaced quited a few Fusions this year as compared to only a few Blazers.
ditto

·
Banned
462 Posts
As others have said....Fusions are far supperior to blazers in every single way! I prefer the 3" over the 2.1", but both fly fantastic.

However this season I toyed with and am not completely switched over to 3" feathers for my compound, 4" for the curve, and am wondering why vanes were ever even invented...lol

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
blkpowderhunter said:
I have been using 4" vanes for the past 30 years and lately it seems I have been seeing more and more people using blazer vanes. I am getting ready to buy a new dozen arrows and I am wondering if I should switch vanes. Can I get some pro's and con's on the blazer vanes? Thanks in advance.
how are you shooting with your current vanes? its up to you...if you think different vanes will help. blazer's are a very good vane.

·
Super Moderator
13,236 Posts
The vanes that gives me the tightest groups with a fix-blade broad head is Quick Spin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts