The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use 4" vanes on my arrows and I shoot a whisker biscuit. Would I see any gains by switching to blazer vanes? My setup is a Parker Hornet 28" draw, approx 53lbs, shooting gold tips 3555 26" long with a 100 grain tip.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
To answer just your question on vanes, the blazer vanes will give you about 3-4 fps more speed and control fixed broadheads a little better. That would be for a hunting setup.

Also for hunting, to better fit your bow, however, I went onto GoldTips shaft selection program and given your tip weight, draw poundage and draw length, you are underspined. You would get better and more consistant arrow flight by either dropping back to an 85 gr. tip or keep the 100 gr tips and upsize your shafts to 5575's. You may find the heavier front end and siffer spine of the 5575 gives you more consistant groups. It's like putting the pilot back into the front of the plane- always flies better.

If you are setting this up for 3D's and speed, you may want to look at a totally different setup like Easton 3D Lightspeed shafts or Victory Shafts, to get a lighter shaft with a stiffer spine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts