The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ihave a custom pa long rifle made by copperstown trading post,its a 50 cal with a siler lock,green mountain barrel,also its a lefty,its only been fired about 20 times,i hate to sell it but, i have a bad shoulder and the heavy barrel really is rough on the shoulder,was thinking about a shorter barrel like a t/c hawken.any idea of a fare selling price? thanks

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I can't help on a reasonable price on your gun. Don't know how much your gun weighs. I was given a custom gun about 25 years ago. 50 caliber tapered barrel. Hard to believe but it is lighter than a TC hawken and not as front heavy as the shorter barrel hawken.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Leftys are sometimes hard to sell. Took me awhile to sell my Lefty Lyman. If you know the original price I would start out with a few Dollars under that. You can always go down.

·
Banned
900 Posts
Can't help on the pricing but interested in the buying. PM me pics with a price when ya figure it out.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Check out Track of The Wolf website. They always have custom longrifles for sale and it might give you an idea how much your rifle is worth. Note that guns from a "name" builder fetch higher prices.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
if Gene built it its worth a easy thousand hes building me a lefty and he asking more then a thous.you have any pics i like to see it Gene is a good friend of mine

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yes I would love to see some picts. I don't think I have ever seen a gun made by him

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
yeah somewhere on here there are directions on how to post pictures. First is to open up a photobucket account then you can transfer the images to a forum

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
that is cool, I still don't think that I have seen any of his finished work. Mtn man when does he think he will be finished with your gun. I think I still have two months or so until mine is finished

1 - 20 of 30 Posts