The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a hike this morning at Valley Forge Park. Thought I would get some pics on.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nice pics. Was just there last week before all the snow. I stopped counting deer when I got to 100. Gonna have to get back there with my camera

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments folks.

huntforever - I actually have a picture from a few years back with nearly eighty in one field! The overpopulation bothers me but it makes for great photo ops

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There wasn't anywhere for them to park when I was there. They didn't have much plowed. I couldn't even go in the main entrance at the visitors center. Kids were getting dropped off on 252 between the turnpike and the covered bridge to walk in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You got it. As long as I don't have to dig ya out!

·
Registered
12,200 Posts
Hey, if you and Findmeinthewoods are going to do some hiking in the park, I would live to join you. After the snow gets to a managable level. I'am nursing a bad knee right now and have to avoid any slipy surfaces.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I do remember the days when 80- 100 deer in the fields. I have not been down that way for sometime. Has the control shooting did anything to the deer popluation?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts