The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does it really make a difference? some of my orange vests glow during the day,i test my camo with a blacklight,just noticed that 2 of my vests glowed bad! one solid one camo orange. got pegged opening day by a nice shooter ,came home and just had to check.... it glowed !!!!!! not now.....uv-killer. i wont make that mistake again! i just need to climb a different tree!

·
Registered
18,710 Posts
No personal experience with the stuff but I know some that swear by it.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I have a theory when it comes to flo-orange. I've spoken with people in the industry about it, but they are some what evasive about their manufacturing process.

I could never figure out why some guys got picked off by wearing flo-orange and other guys didn't. I took it upon myself to buy as many diiferent garments as posssible and started doing my own field test.

My conclusion is this; There are two distinct different types of flo-orange on the market. One made with yellow dye, and one made with red. The flo-orange made with yellow dye is almost neon in appearence, especially to deer. The flo-orange made with red dye is a non-issue because deer can't see red. The differences are subtle, but can be seen by the human eye when the garments are next to each other.

I personally have found that uv-killer is more of a gimmick than an actual aid. However, if it works for you I'd stick with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts