The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
16,959 Posts
more problems with mail, than in person. i can see both sides of the argument, i just prefer voting in peson. i am also in favor of a voter ID, that clearly says the voter is a U.S. Citizen.
if these people can get a drivers license or a public assistance ID card they can get a voter ID card too.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Can’t buy alcohol through the mail? Wanna bet?
I guess I never tried, I guess I could call the local beer distributer and ask them to send me a case. I doubt it would work, but if I was a liberal I guess I could do something crooked, and maybe get a case.

·
Super Moderator
26,594 Posts
I’ve voted absentee, I’ve voted at the polls. I’ll take absentee every time. This is why there is vanilla and chocolate ice cream. You can have your choice.
I prefer salted caramel over either of those choices. Guess we need to find yet another way to cast a ballot now, because I don't like either available choice.

As I said in the previous reply. We already have problems with voting machines, yet we're ok with adding additional problems through mass mail-in voting? And for what, because people don't want to be inconvenienced with going to their voting station?

Change is a good thing, when there's legitimate need and benefits the process. Large scale mail-in voting meets neither of those.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Why people want to stand in line, in the rain, snow, heat and cold, sometimes for hours, to cast a ballot that takes only a few minutes, is beyond me. Once people start voting by mail they will wonder why they didn’t do it sooner. There will be no going back.
Just like going inside to order Chic-Fil-A. Once you got the app, there was no more standing in line at the counter :)...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
"The November election is shaping up to be the mother of all clusterfarks. At every level — federal, state, and local — election officials are sounding the alarm. The system was not built to handle 120 million mailed ballots. Processing and protecting those ballots is beyond the abilities of almost every state".
Should not be that big of a surprise.
Let's see what happened with the tax returns and stimulus payments.
I expect similar issues with mail in ballots.
1. It will take 4-5 months to read them all, probably longer.
2. They will try and send ballots to over several 100,000 dead people.
3. They will send another several 100,000 foreigners who were only here to go to school.
4. If you are part of an Ivy league school you will get to vote 2-3 times over and take advantage of a glitch in the rules.
5. Middle income families will not get any ballots unless you make under 25K a year single or 35K a year married filed jointly.
6. If you were on your parents 2018 tax return as a dependent, then you're poo-poo out of luck...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Why hasn't sombody suggested just streching the voting out over a couple days. It would be much easier to assign everyone registered a day to vote then to manage all of those mail-in ballots. Duh !

·
Super Moderator
26,594 Posts
Why are we looking, at all, to solve a problem that doesn't even exist? If there is a problem with in person voting, then it's based on perceptions rather than facts. How many people contracted COVID due to voting in person during the Primaries?

·
Registered
39,590 Posts
Change is a good thing, when there's legitimate need and benefits the process. Large scale mail-in voting meets neither of those.
There’s a lot of people who think avoiding people, who could be infected with Covid 19 and coughing and sneezing in your direction, is reason enough to vote by mail. You can still vote at the polls if you so desire.

·
Registered
39,590 Posts
My theory has always been that if I have to wait in a long line at the polling place, I'm living in the wrong area for me.
It’s got nothing to do with where you live but if you think it does.....oh well.

·
Registered
255 Posts
you didnt read the article did you :)
IMO, mail in is ripe for manipulation. all kinds of ballots can "disappear". it didnt really pan out here in PA, they had to extend the deadline to count the votes.
It will be a cluster of epic proportions. We won't know who won for over a month. Rempant cheating on both sides. Pretty simple really if you don't want to show up in person a system of doing it online using facial recognition could be developed. You would have to register to do it online first or vote in person. And you should have to show a valid ID to vote. You need one to buy a gun,fly or buy a beer but not to vote?

·
Registered
39,590 Posts
Never seen any lines at my polling place......nor any parking issues......In and Out.....They have plenty of leveraging....
Nor have I but there’s plenty of places where long lines are common. Plenty of people with a short window to vote. Man/woman gets finished work at five pm, gets home at 6pm. Makes dinner, takes care of kids, next thing you know it’s 7pm. Goes to polling place and there’s a long line. Yep, that person will vote mail in for the rest of his/her voting days and let the election people worry about fraud.

·
Registered
255 Posts
There’s a lot of people who think avoiding people, who could be infected with Covid 19 and coughing and sneezing in your direction, is reason enough to vote by mail. You can still vote at the polls if you so desire.
and many of those same people are fine with thousands in the streets "protesting". Also if you can go to Walmart you can handle going to the polls. Maybe a system can be made to work but it's to late for this year.

·
Super Moderator
26,594 Posts
Masks required, problem solved. Works in Walmart, right.

·
Registered
39,590 Posts
Masks required, problem solved. Works in Walmart, right.
Not quite. Too many refuse to wear a mask. They feel, it is their right as an American citizen to infect anybody they want to infect. Maybe when everybody wears a mask, applies social distancing rules as much as possible and avoid large gatherings we can get this Covid thing under some semblance of control. Until then, it’s pandemic time.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts