The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bohning Instant Gel Glue

Bohning Fletch-Tite Platinum Glue

I'm looking for a simple glue that merely works. Do you use either one.

If it works, that's all I'm looking for. If you used both is one better than the other one on certain uses.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just got into fletching arrows with some helpful advice from a few members on here. I tried the fletch tite platinum and also the loc tite control gel. I prepped the fletching/arrow exactly the same and allowed 24 hours for both to set up. It was a night and day difference. The loc tite is hands down the better of the two.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I had bad luck with platinum until someone suggested I hit the shaft with fine grit sand paper. Then wash in hot water till it squeaked using your fingers. Then wipe off the shaft with a dry towel. I have not had any issues with platinum since. They stick extremely tight. I actually bend the vane to the arrow shaft bow ways to make sure they stick and haven't had any issues since doing this.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Never use anything except fletch tight platinum. Arrow prep is the key. Gold tip- wipe with denatured alcohol until it squeeks. Easton/Beamon- green scrounge pad then alcohol.

·
Registered
310 Posts
AAE Fast Set gel. Been using it for fifteen years on carbon arrows. First with ACC's then Axis ST's. No problems with adhesion. Arrow prep is the key.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Fletch tite platinum is my favorite. As stated above, arrow prep is the big factor. Make sure to use either denatured alcohol or 91% isoprophyl alcohol.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The kind of advice I love to get on huntingpa.

The glue's not perfect. You just have to work with it.
Besides, I'm retired and need to look for cheaper glues and things.

"I had bad luck with platinum until someone suggested I hit the shaft with fine grit sand paper."

"Never use anything except fletch tight platinum. Arrow prep is the key. Gold tip- wipe with denatured alcohol until it squeeks. Easton/Beamon- green scrounge pad then alcohol."

"Fletch tite platinum is my favorite. As stated above, arrow prep is the big factor. Make sure to use either denatured alcohol or 91% isoprophyl alcohol."

I'm so cheap I still have nearly two new tubes of old Fletch Tite for my aluminum arrows.

Ha, don't mind someone pointing out that there is some extra work involved.
I still use my old TC muzzleloader with round lead balls. I expect some extra work. Of course, the premade round balls only cost some 20 cents apiece.
Just made up some homemade bullet lube and have nearly a quart of homemade "moosemilk."

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
loc tite professional...never had a fletch come off and i have buried several up to the vanes on multiple occasions. they rip before they come unglued.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts