The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you guys replace your bait and urine if its kept in the fridge?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm still catching off bait and lure I bought 3 years ago, kept in the fridge. Still stinks the same. Though I imagine not all baits age well.

The urine shouldn't smell like ammonia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks banjoman. They definitely still stink and seem to be ok just wanted to double check. Another thing is, I have like 15 or 20 baits that are all but empty and was thinking about mixing them all together to make one big jar and free up some space. Do you think this is a bad idea?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Banjoman said:
The urine shouldn't smell like ammonia.
I don't know about the bait, I don't use it but with the lure and urine it does'nt need to be refridgerated.
I keep mine in a cabinet in my shed. I have lure and urine 3,4, maybe 5 years old.

As far as the amonia smell to urine, it will burn off, once it hits the air.

·
Premium Member
24,189 Posts
I keep mine in my bucket in the truck

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">I see where Tim Caven suggests wiping the threads and caps on your bottles and then coat with glycerine. It must help seal the bottle ?? Cutt</span>

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
smith101 said:
I don't know about the bait, I don't use it but with the lure and urine it does'nt need to be refridgerated.
I keep mine in a cabinet in my shed.
Same here, don't know about bait because I don't use it. I usually only buy just enough lure and urine to last the season but there's always some left over. I just keep it in my fur shed and use it up at the beginning of the next season.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Doesn't help seal the bottle but prevents it from rusting shut. I don't worry about them, just soak in warm water for a few minutes and they will open right up. I've got some 6 year old Bob Wendt fox urine that smells the same as the day it was bought. Keep bait/urine/lures out of direct sunlight, they'll be fine. As to ammonia smell in urine, there is always some ammonia in stored urine; it blows off quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts