The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here done this and can offer advice. Looking to improve 199 acres for field trials and hunt test along with training sessions. Willing work force but no experience. I have contacted Hilltop as a resource, but just looking for home grown advice also.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
If you have contacted Chris at Hilltop Seeds he can give you all the advice you need for a project like this. He has planted hundreds of acres of upland cover and foodplots. He is also a upland dog person. I've seen his work and it is top notch.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
LynnAppelman said:
If you have contacted Chris at Hilltop Seeds he can give you all the advice you need for a project like this. He has planted hundreds of acres of upland cover and foodplots. He is also a upland dog person. I've seen his work and it is top notch.
You made a good choice calling Chris. He is a real good guy. I hunted with him last fall and had him plant my warm season grasses this spring. I am also getting him to do more work this winter on some feather edge cutting and tree planting. Good luck with the work your planning to do

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
indianahunter said:
If your land is able to be enrolled in CREP you could save some serious cash. Get paid to plant, rather than spend hundreds per acre.
Chris is well versed on CREP. Much of his work had been in the CREP program.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts