The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the DRs today with my son. One full week now ---fever is back and they were worried it went to pnemonia--Xrays werent conclusive so they wre going to have an expert read them---best case is bronchitis --- what a bad way for the little guy to spend his 9th birthday. The cough is wet and horrible! This time they put him on antibiotics--finally.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Re: Prayers Wanted

Best wishes. Hope they get this licked soon. Not fun for him or you and the wife. Funny even now that my boys are bigger still cant sleep nights when they are sick. I hear every little noise. Prayers and well wishes to you all my friend.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Prayers sent, my 5 year old son was sick right before
Christmas. Ran a low grade fever for a week. They put him
on Amoxicillin and it took care of it. Not much sleep
that week. Good luck and God bless you and your family

Hawken

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts

Bunky, prayers on the way for your Son's swift & complete healing.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts

Prayer sent.

·
Registered
9,691 Posts

prayers sent for your son. Let's all hope for a favorable diagnosis and quick treatment

·
Registered
1,076 Posts

Prayers sent for your son Bunky. I went through the same thing earlier this year with pneumonia and "swine flu" at the same time, so I know it's no picnic. I hope all turns out well for him!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

You all are great!! It does stink when you have no control and have to wait---Im one who likes to have control of most situations....No sleep sums it up pretty good----parenting should come with a manual LOL

·
Registered
241 Posts

Bunk,

Your son will be in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery. I feel for him because I spent all of Oct, Nov and part of Dec sick. Fever and chills off & on, face & gums swelled up and it felt like a toothache in all my teeth at the same time, was definitely not a normal cold. First week my nose ran constantly, second week started the stuffiness in head & chest and the coughing, only thing that worked was Vicks vapor rub, some under the nose and some on the chest, keep it on all the time, doesn't stop the cough but it helps bring up all the crud and keep the nasal passages open. Home made chicken broth too, pretty much lived on it for two weeks. Close second is Maggi brand chicken bullion.

·
Banned
900 Posts

We'll keep a good thought for him here. Get well soon to him and you take care of yourself too!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

"only thing that worked was Vicks vapor rub, some under the nose and some on the chest, keep it on all the time, doesn't stop the cough but it helps bring up all the crud and keep the nasal passages open. Home made chicken broth too, pretty much lived on it for two weeks. Close second is Maggi brand chicken bullion. "

The wife is rubbing the vicks on his feet and putting socks over them tonight as well????? Heck if it works I dont care---sure beats stinky gym socks! LOL He likes Chicken soupe but so far it hasnt worked----I like the Pregresso style as of late! Thanks fellas! Wonder why as time passes we have never picked up one female BP member here??? Just came to mind.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts