The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
full article here: http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/busines...a2BdngYfM.email

In a nutshell:

"He (Mr Libal) wanted to see the documents for himself, so he attended the borough council's meeting in early September. He took home a plat map showing Talisman's well on the Olympic Lake Estates.

The map shows a dotted line indicating a well extending from one side to the other of the Libals' 63 acres.

In a phone interview, Talisman spokesperson April Crane made a distinction between the company's planning process and its eventual progression to drilling.

"Obviously, we can't drill a well where we don't have a lease," Ms. Crane said. She did not explain why the company filed a plat map with the DEP that showed their well going through the Libal's land.

"As a courtesy, we requested that the approved well permit be canceled," Ms. Crane said.

After learning the well permit has been canceled, Mrs. Libal said in an email that they feel more at ease now that they don't have to hire an attorney or prepare an appeal to the DEP."

My take on it: How very courteous of Talisman to request to cancel the approved permit to drill under land they hadn't leased. Very courteous indeed...

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Even though this is a zombie post, I just wanted to state that a lot of companies plan on property they dont have rights to. I work for a utility and they name a feature 5 years before they ever plan on building it. The engineers lok at a map and say "Smith road would be the center of the growth." so they name the feature "Smith Road" with a code "SMRA". About a year before they build, they go out and try to get a ROW. If no one on Smith rd gives them one, they move on to Jones Rd. If they get a ROW on Jones road, then the feature is built on Jones Rd with the name Smith Road and code SMRA because the name has been in place for 4 years. Which makes it a lot of fun to find at 3AM in a snowstorm if its not in your area.

Plotting a well isnt different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts