The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
16,458 Posts
when the Nation opens up and school starts...all they are going to hear is "we are in the green phase, its gone...", and thats when the cases will climb, our hospitals could become overwhelmed and the State will shut down again just in time for the election !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
when the Nation opens up and school starts...all they are going to hear is "we are in the green phase, its gone...", and thats when the cases will climb, our hospitals could become overwhelmed and the State will shut down again just in time for the election !!
Totally agree with you. Shut down is on the way in Oct.

·
Premium Member
23,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Be nice if we could predict the Worldwide Coronavirus cycles based upon American election cycles but I'm afraid that there's just a tad more to it.:wink2:

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
That's my guess too....there will be a cavalier attitude with total ignorance of any safety measures. The FL Spring Break fiasco prime example. Hey...likely classes will be shutdown by Thanksgiving break till a next fall do it all over again. Plenty are "career students" anyways so having a 6-10 year college tenure fits right in!!
My 3 kids all finished in 4 years....one in 3.5. I think I was more proud of that than the pretty good grades they ended up with.....:smile_big:

I agree with those saying a second wave will most likely pose a problem.

·
Registered
395 Posts
There will be no second wave because there was never a first wave to begin with. This virus has already spread. More people are getting tested now, hence more positive tests. It’s also nowhere near as deadly for most individuals as initially portrayed. Many of us probably already had it and didn’t even know it. The media is pushing an agenda and is literally rooting for the virus until Trump is gone.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
There will be no second wave because there was never a first wave to begin with. This virus has already spread. More people are getting tested now, hence more positive tests. It’s also nowhere near as deadly for most individuals as initially portrayed. Many of us probably already had it and didn’t even know it. The media is pushing an agenda and is literally rooting for the virus until Trump is gone.
Testing data isn't very useful in judging where we stand as to how the virus is trending, for the very reasons you state. And death numbers have shown to be suspect.

% of positive test results and number of new hospitalizations are reliable numbers to use to judge how the virus is trending. And they are both on the increase in several states.

As far as "never a first wave", I have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Totally agree with you. Shut down is on the way in Oct.

Quite likely.... but it won't be because hospitalizations and deaths increase...
It'll be a misguided, last-ditch attempt by Dem Governors to stop the Trump Train....

It will backfire.... BIGLY...>:)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Be nice if we could predict the Worldwide Coronavirus cycles based upon American election cycles but I'm afraid that there's just a tad more to it.:wink2:
We can predict the cycles just like we can predict any other flu cycle.... because it's just another flu variant...
It's just advantageous to some to portray it like it were Ebola or Captain Trips, hence we can predict when the next round of declarations will occur...

If it truly was a global health threat, one would think there would be more media outrage over health implications of the "demonstrations" of the last 2+ weeks...
And a DNC/Mayweather production (sorry, I mean funeral) would never have happened as it would have deemed unsafe for them not to comply with a litany of EO's, "Emergency Declarations", Social Distancing requirements, etc...

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's my guess too....there will be a cavalier attitude with total ignorance of any safety measures. The FL Spring Break fiasco prime example. Hey...likely classes will be shutdown by Thanksgiving break till a next fall do it all over again. Plenty are "career students" anyways so having a 6-10 year college tenure fits right in!!
“Oh man, 7 years of college down the drain!” - Senator Blutarsky

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
At this point all sports seasons seem to be up in the air at the moment. Until a couple weeks ago I was certain college ball and other sports would have some type of modified fall season. I have a lot of doubts today. I hope they can work something out.....they have plans. I don't know if those plans will come to fruition. NFL is already cutting 2 games from pre season.

·
Premium Member
23,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah...sad. I sorta thought C19 would mostly be in our rearview mirrors by now but seems it's still predominately here with much still ahead.

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
How can there be any sports in Pa this fall when you are required to wear a mask outside if you cant stay 6 feet apart? Will sports be exempted?

And how can PSU have any team sports this fall. When students come back for classes, there will be no breaks so they cant travel out of the area and bring back any covid. So if its not safe for students to travel out of the area, doesnt that mean its also not safe for sports teams to travel out of state or bring any out of state teams into State College?

·
Premium Member
23,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How can there be any sports in Pa this fall when you are required to wear a mask outside if you cant stay 6 feet apart? Will sports be exempted?

And how can PSU have any team sports this fall. When students come back for classes, there will be no breaks so they cant travel out of the area and bring back any covid. So if its not safe for students to travel out of the area, doesnt that mean its also not safe for sports teams to travel out of state or bring any out of state teams into State College?

Yep.......unfortunately all States are not in the same C19 status as PA.

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
..cry loss of revenue due to covid...you get money from the gov..
...the COVID reimbursement is a scam....companies big and small are getting good money ...while still maintaining their staff...but crying losses...money that was supposed to go to safety of employees ...loophole profits...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I bet it doesn't happen.

There is zero chance, zero, not even 0.001% chance that college kids on campus will social distance. Zip. Nada.

So if PSU plays OSU, even in an empty stadium, the 40,000 PSU students are intermingling with the 40,000 OSU students in every play of the game.

If they play collegiate sports, NO WAY can the Lockdown Loonies justify anything.

Big time college football will reveal all. The money is gigantic. If they willingly just forego it, that's one thing.

But given all that's been spewed about the virus, if they put "student athletes" at risk, then really the bug can't be that bad.

Are not the majority of the big time college football and basketball (men and women) players black? Do those black lives matter more than gate receipts full hotels, and alumni donations.

Guess we'll find out what really matters.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts