The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With some colleges already delaying fall classes etc any rumors out there re status of upcoming season??

·
Registered
674 Posts
This country is already hurting if there’s an abbreviated college football ball schedule the amount of revenue lost is going to be devastating. The billions already lost from sports being shut down we haven’t realized the consequences yet.
I don’t see us recovering from this. I hope so but it’s hard to see how!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
If the colleges have students back on campus, forget about masks and distancing and just pack the stadiums and play the games.

If anyone thinks for a second that college parties will not continue on as they always have, you're delusional. At that time of life the entire goal is to REMOVE all distance between yourself and the members of the opposite sex (or these days even the same sex) that you socialize with.

Its either a vaccine that works or herd immunity, beyond that if those students are all on campus they will be in very close contact.

·
Registered
224 Posts
they will play all games for sure, and my guess is with fans. Look up Notre Dame plan for classes I would think more schools follow that

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
From most things I'm hearing it sounds like reduced fans in the stands....25-50%. I doubt we will see packed stadiums at all this year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This country is already hurting if there’s an abbreviated college football ball schedule the amount of revenue lost is going to be devastating. The billions already lost from sports being shut down we haven’t realized the consequences yet.
I don’t see us recovering from this. I hope so but it’s hard to see how!
Dont worry the colleges got bailed out, penn state got 55 million. Why I dont know, the students still paid for the semester and they didn't give them any money back.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Dont worry the colleges got bailed out, penn state got 55 million. Why I dont know, the students still paid for the semester and they didn't give them any money back.
The football program generates over 100 million a year (about 35 million in ticket sales alone). I imagine that number will be way down this year, regardless of the measures they take to keep the revenue up. PSU will be lucky to cover their loss with that 55 million.....most of which will be earmarked for non-athletics , I'm certain. And I believe all of the football revenue stays within the athletic department. So the athletic depart will suffer, no doubt.

But I do agree, it does make one wondering if doling out covid money to colleges, to such a degree, is warranted .

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
As far as not offering tuition refunds, classes were completed online....really no call for refunds. One thing that was unjust is classes with a lab component did not run the labs and lab fees were not refunded. That seems a bit underhanded.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm afraid we are going to have riots just like during Viet Nam once schools open. It will start in the hard core liberal schools in Calif. and spread east. If there are any games its going to be nothing but a BLM rallley.

·
Premium Member
23,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the colleges have students back on campus, forget about masks and distancing and just pack the stadiums and play the games.

If anyone thinks for a second that college parties will not continue on as they always have, you're delusional. At that time of life the entire goal is to REMOVE all distance between yourself and the members of the opposite sex (or these days even the same sex) that you socialize with.
That's my guess too....there will be a cavalier attitude with total ignorance of any safety measures. The FL Spring Break fiasco prime example. Hey...likely classes will be shutdown by Thanksgiving break till a next fall do it all over again. Plenty are "career students" anyways so having a 6-10 year college tenure fits right in!!

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Colleges in general will be changed, and also the meaning of Colleges will change. The "Almighty Piece Of Paper" wont hold as much merit it holds today.

What I mean by this is, the piece of paper you receive once you graduate, your diploma is basically your right of passage to make money by today's thinking. People can learn just as much online as attending a college and being in debt and I think that mindset will change when a person applies for a job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is time for some of these progressive universities to have some skin in the game. If you work and pay taxes you are already bailing them out for their bloated budgets. The loss of revenue from football will require them to make some tough choices like the rest of America has had to make. I have not seen any of the universities come out and condemn the rioting and looting across America. It is time for some of the universities chickens come home to roost.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts