The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked in the digest and I'm still not sure, but if I already have my 3 tags that I received through the mail, can I mail a third application for 2B or do I have to do it over the counter?

In other words does 2B stop accepting mailed applications after the second round of unsold licenses are over?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
i'm sure that is the way they work it after the second round of unsold is over the counter in the SRA's.........bob

·
Super Moderator
8,046 Posts
Rob1 said:
yes the sras dont count so its like your not sending any
This used to be implicitly stated, and I did not see it this year in the digest. I apply to 5C, and maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought the digest used to say something to the effect that once the tags went to OTC sales, they were unlimited in how many each hunter could have. Now the book says no more than 2 unsold tags statewide.

It would seem contrary to intent, as the 5C allocation was increased AGAIN this year, but it reads as though the most one could get for 5C (or similar) is 3 (one tag, then 2 unsold tags).

·
Super Moderator
8,046 Posts
Guess I should try to get an answer before Aug 16 when the floodgates are opened. The regional headquarters are right off my route home from work. Maybe I'll stop by.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
On page 47 of the digest in the first paragraph it says hunters may not apply for more than 2 unsold licenses anywhere in the state.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thats still not very clear. Is this a change from past years? Does that mean that the most amount of doe tags that someone can buy for WMU 2B is 3 tags?

Sorry to be a pain but the wording is confusing.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
No speacial regs. areas you can buy as many tags as you can get. Onlyin the vast majority,of the state that is not speacial regs., you are limited to 3.

·
Registered
815 Posts
John S said:
On page 47 of the digest in the first paragraph it says hunters may not apply for more than 2 unsold licenses anywhere in the state.
Well i called the game commission last thursday and they said i could send as many apps. as i wanted to 5c.

So toady in the mail i got my 3a bonus tag and my 12 5c tags so maybe they should make it a little clearer next year.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
once the no resident has a chance to apply to the state for antlerless license...you can get as many for the sra as u wish when you apply for 1st round of unsold permits thru out the rest of the state you can also apply to 5c and any sra where unlimited for as many as you want 3 per envolpe..

does not have any affect on the others your allow thru out the rest of the state....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts