The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we must not forget the union's play a major role in supporting anti -gun politician's ,I know not all unions members support them,, but overall the unions support anti-gun ( Democrats ) politicians at election time ,
Clearly if you have a choice to buy union or non union products ,buying non union products would be more gun friendly then unions products

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Clearly if you have a choice to buy union or non union products ,buying non union products would be more gun friendly then unions products.

Thats is the most disturbing and absurd statement I have heard on here in a long time. Union made products are mostly if not all, made in america while alot of non union made products are foreign made. So you are basically saying its better to buy foreign made products than American made in order to support your gun rights. If you think the gun rights issue is far greater an issue than the economic issues of the county, I feel sorry for you. Buying union made products helps many middle class americans WAY more than it helps support anti gun politians!

Trust me I am VERY pro gun, own several assult rifles, and will fight to the death to keep ALL my gun rights. But I also know the economic issues of this country far outweigh the gun rights issues. If you have no job due to foreign competition, all the guns in the world will do you no good except to put food on the table of a house goin up for forclosure.

·
Registered
638 Posts
i would have to say ones' natural rights are way more important than any job.

·
Registered
746 Posts
yukon375 said:
i would have to say ones' natural rights are way more important than any job.
That would be a big WRONG. Have many friends and members of my sportsmans club that I belong too. Many are club leaders and also union leaders, Vice Presidents, sec. Treasurers, etc of a local of one of the largest unions around. Years ago. Not this past election but maybe the one before or the one before that I had a discussion with several of them regarding how they vote because gun and sportsmans rights usually fall on the conservative "republican" side and labor rights usually fall on the "liberal" democrat side.

These guys all own large gun collections including ARs, Aks and such. This is the quote I got that shocked me.

I was told "I always vote democrat because they support big labor, besides they will never take our guns that's all just fear mongers trying to get votes"

The others all took the same stance.

Now I don't know what one does when they get behind the curtain at the voting booth. For all I know this was just an act for the other "union brothers and sisters" standing around. But if this is how they feel it shows why this country is so torn.

Got a lot of people on the voting booth deciding to vote for they guy that is going to fight to keep his wages, benefits, etc for him or the guy that is going to fight for him to keep his liberty. When you add in the sad state of the economy, guys laid off, etc i can see how someone begins to start supporting the guy who keeps his unemployment going, who supports entitlement programs etc.

If the economy was good I think it swings the other way. Not worried about jobs or money now one begins to worry about their freedoms.

If you can't afford an AR why would you vote for a guy that wants you to have one.

Not my thought process but what I think lot of others is like.

My disclaimer: not saying what is right, just looking at both sides of the argument.

·
Registered
638 Posts
unbelievable............

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
IMO, the demonizing of anything, without balancing out the negatives against the positives is an injustice.

Unions, minorities, religion, or the 2nd amendment.. stereotyping makes for a poor instrument.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Dave2pa said:
we must not forget the union's play a major role in supporting anti -gun politician's ,I know not all unions members support them,, but overall the unions support anti-gun ( Democrats ) politicians at election time ,
Clearly if you have a choice to buy union or non union products ,buying non union products would be more gun friendly then unions products
I've worked both union (also for perhaps the largest union in the nation) and non on the labor side, found the union to not be interested in too much other than slowing business down, and getting as much money out of the deal as possible. To the point of driving business out of country, even. They were in dire need in prior decades, but only serve a minor role to workers now, and are really just a $$ machine for the mob anymore, along with the political and workplace bullying, etc. that goes on. When I went thru my back injury while belonging to a union, they simply were not interested in ever helping me against the obvious attempts of the co. to get rid of me - had to do it myself, and have never forgotten that. Oh, they did have some hearings and such when they found out that I was working lite duty in the office under management as I could handle that work, and they were out some union dues - oh, the $$ again! Last number I heard is that union workers have driven themselves out of business to the point of only being about 7% of the workforce anymore. What we got paid to do unskilled labor was ridiculous. What it cost the country in work lost to outsourcing was criminal.

Gotta agree with the OP guys - been there - if the unions can compete comparatively against non-union, fine, but in my lifetime, that hasn't happened. I buy based on quality for the price, period. With no competition, America becomes stagnant, just like the auto industry got a wake-up call in the 70's/80's from the Japs. Made us a better, economically-stronger country with the competition. We're there again in the auto industry. Open shops are a good thing, and if union workforces were so great, they would prove that time and again in an open shop atmosphere. Doesn't happen. And, yes, many in the unions do blindly support the anti-gun politicians. Without the unions this time, Ol' Bammy wouldn't have even come close.

Me? I took the fortitude to ditch the unions and the co., go to school on my own savings, start my own business, and am never to look back to those dark days of everyone just milking me for all they could get outta me while not really caring about my health or livelihood at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gun owners need to gain the support of as many people as possible, so it's a good idea to not alienate pro gun union members, pro gun democrats, pro gun owner others that so many on here always put down. The election is over, if you want to be in a union fine if not that's fine but come together with a common goal and get some thing accomplished. Keep fighting everyone who has some differing views and we all lose. It's not an all or none world, and if you think that way you will become extinct.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
..and then there is the case of a contract that includes the 2nd amendment. What do many of us do to make the government stay true to their word? ... join a union called the NRA.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
If someone wants to boycott union made, as far as I'm concerned have at it. How deep will this boycott be? Will this include a delivery from UPS? Turn off the electric? Refuse to drive on roads union worker built?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts