The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to the Unicoi Callmakers Show for my third year this Friday and Saturday, along with some of Pa.'s best custom callmakers. It's one heck of a good time and very educational. More turkey hunting/ calling knowledge in one room than one can imagine. It's held at Unicoi State Park in Helen, Georgia (North) and if you ever get the chance to go...GO!!!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Need something like that in the Pittsburgh area. Lots of hunters in the southwest corner of the state.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need something like that in the Pittsburgh area. Lots of hunters in the southwest corner of the state.
This show is held in North Georgia. There was a group of us that get together from Pa. and Jersey to represent the "Yankees". Callmakers are there from all over the country. It's truly a one of a kind show.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a bunch of happy turkey hunters.

Did they have the table discussion on a type of call this year

Yes, this years roundtable discussion was on some of the "Lesser Used" calls: Trough call, Tongue call and Tube call.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That would be a good one, I guess every year can't be suction yelpers.

Did you get any sound clips of MR. Gamble, or do you know of any that might be out there anywhere?
I would like to hear him.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do have a clip on mp4 format which it says is not allowed. PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
I don't know how to post it otherwise.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Had an uncle years ago that was Mayor of Helen. Probably 100 years ago. Cool little village, at least it used to be.

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had an uncle years ago that was Mayor of Helen. Probably 100 years ago. Cool little village, at least it used to be.
It still is. Looks like a Bavarian town. They say that they hold the country's biggest October/beer fest :wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts