The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an unfired, never assembled, brand new in box 1970's Thompson Center Renegade flintlock in .54 cal. Any idea of a fair market value?

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Months ago Dixons had 3 TC Hawkens at $450 each.This being a Renegade without the brass BUT new/unfired I'd say $450.
TC is not making any more traditional muzzys!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I agree with 410er.

Renegade- $350.00
.54 Renegade- extra $50.00
Unfired- extra $50.

Check the muzzle to see if it has QLA (quick load accurizer). Not sure if Renegades, or .54 for that matter, had it as an option or not.

Rifling is gone in the first little bit of the bore. I think to allow easier loading of a maxi ball or maxi hunter.

Might be an extra enticement to buy!

·
Super Moderator
12,829 Posts
Call me crazy butiI betcha could get more...

How much more...i don't know...but being you can't go buy a new one anymore I'd bet you can get more...i believe they were selling them new for a fair bit more when they stopped production...

Now...it's not a rare or special gun by any means...so I don't see prices getting crazy...but even used prices are rising quickly and the market isn't what it once was...

You wanna make the big bucks..part it out on eBay lol...i paid like 30$ for a 1" tang and watched several beat up ones sell for more...i betcha could get 20-50$ for the box alone lol....

·
Registered
545 Posts
I would say that you could get every bit of $450 but I would start asking for $475 on a FTF sale. If that didn't get someone to bite in a week or two then I would change it to $475 shipped. Someone will most likely bite on that.

It isn't going to cost you any more than $25 to ship that USPS priority as long as you specify your shipping as Lower 48 only.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A hawken has brass. The Renegade is a cheaper version with cheaper wood.

I would expect $350 range
I paid $250 for a mint condition used, about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
I don`t think that one has QLA, it looks like an older one. If it is really old some of them had 1:66 twist on them from the factory.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
I'd say you can get $450 or better....this is not used, it's NIB. Don't give it away, be patient...this rifle will only go up in $$ value $$. FT

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Retired_Rusty said:
Check the muzzle to see if it has QLA (quick load accurizer). Not sure if Renegades, or .54 for that matter, had it as an option or not.

Rifling is gone in the first little bit of the bore. I think to allow easier loading of a maxi ball or maxi hunter.

Might be an extra enticement to buy!
That option wouldn't have been done to a 70's vintage Renegade. My Renegade dates back to probably the late 80's or early 90's and mine doesn't have that feature, so I know his won't have it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts