The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Do you mean used motor oil undercoating?
An old timer told my son to spray it under his truck,the oil,than drive down a dusty road!
If you do this,wherever you do it,will be a mess!

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Buy an undercoating gun,pressure regulator,step drill bits,plugs(for the holes drilled) air compressor,rain suit and a mask.Add up that cost then figure out your better off paying to have it done.Be advised some shops will not service your vehicle after your done.I would but I also add 1-2 hours labor to any service if that has been done.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
have done this, I use a hand pump garden sprayer,. Think about this,you oil the under,dirt road to dry it, now you have dirt stuck under your car/truck. when it rains(I know it has been a while hear in western pa)the dirt/ dust sticking to the under, is now wet/mud holding moisture next to your frame and under parts, I no longer do this because of what I have described .

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why is it that when I see an older truck up here and I ask them how they keep it looking so good from rust the answer I always get is oil undercoating .someone pointed out to me there is a product called liquid film sold at the farm store and it is supposed to be very sticky ,when I find the needed sprayer I will give a full report

·
Registered
257 Posts
Don't waste your time with old oil, use fluid film. I get my vehicles sprayed every fall, this truck is 6 years old and is like show room condition.

·
Super Moderator
2,475 Posts
Bought a new car last fall. Paid the $1k to have it Zebarted with lifetime yearly touch ups since we keep our vehicles for at least 10 yrs. time will tell if its worth the $$ since it was the first time I used their product but there is a guarantee that all treated surfaces will not rust.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
On the TX gulf coast, the guys that ran the beach for surf fishing would use Diesel to undercoat their trucks. Worked well for them and did it every 6 months or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts