The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you do this with your trucks ? I have a 2016 F150 and had it done last year. Just wondering if any of you think it's worth having this done yearly ? Had mine done at the Ford Dealer where I bought it in Brownsville last year but it's quite a hike for me. The dealer in Monroeville doesn't offer this service. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle of finding a place and getting it done again this year.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I had my 04 undercoated a week after picking it up. after all these years it looks like it needs to be redone.
the brine that is sprayed on our roads really ruins things ! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
4,535 Posts
My ram is done and only needs touched up every 3 years, had it done a week after I drove it off the lot. Mine wasn't done at the dealer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I do it myself every fall and spring with fluid film. They sell cans of it at lowes or buy a 5 gal bucket/1 gal can online and use air compressor and spray gun.

·
Super Moderator
4,894 Posts
I do it myself every fall and spring with fluid film. They sell cans of it at lowes or buy a 5 gal bucket/1 gal can online and use air compressor and spray gun.
I take my truck to a guy to spray with Fluid Film. He’s in Clarion County, it costs $65, and he removes and sprays inside all plug holes. Truck has to be clean and dry.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I did my 08 right away and then sprayed it with oil 2-3 times after that. I had that truck until last year and always got compliments on how clean and free of rust it was with 145,000 on it.

I did the same to my new truck last year. I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
We've been using Fluid Film for years. It does a great job of preventing corrosion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts