The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
12 days befor my mompassed away my brothers and sisters got her will rewrote. writing half the family out of it. unbelievingly crude

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
money has a strange way of making usually nice people into spoiled brats.

Check with a lawyer but if your Mom was competent at the time and the will was notarized not sure there is much that you can do except play to your siblings sense of fairness.

Good Luck

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Good for you comblock! Rise above it. I have a friend of mine getting ready to pass now. He told me he is disgusted with what it has turned his kids into. They are all pretty nice folks to, but he is sitting pretty good.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
I have seen bad blood come from dealing with families estates more over small things like picture or mementoes then money or property.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
I am sorry for your loss. I too have seen some things first hand that made my head spin hwn dealing with family members....very sad.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your loss; we'll keep you in our prayers.

When my wifes grandmother passed, some of her family actually left the hospital and went straight to her apartment and argued over who got what. Pathetic.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very sorry for your loss. Been in same situation on both sides of my family and most recently my wife's. Just be a better man and move on. They showed there true colors.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Been through it when my Dad and Grandmother passed with in 2 months of each other. My 2 Aunts were executors and proved to be greedy money grubbers ... my 2 brothers and 2 sisters and I did right by each other and it went decently according to my Dad and Grandmas wishes as far as we had any say in it.

I am the Executr of my Moms will and will do my best to be as fair as I can, no reason to d otherwise ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts