The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Re: Buck Colmen
Nothing wrong with shooting at running deer if you are capable of making a good shot and know your own restrictions. I didn't see any misses here and both quick kills. Be happy for these men they were out there doing what they enjoy and did it well.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Im with buck colmen(previous post) on this one. I suppose if you know your limitations...but even at that, you owe it to the animal to take the most ethical shot possible. In my opinion a running deer shot is not an ethical shot. Just way to many what ifs for me.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I must say they appear to know their limitations quite well. One thing that makes me not oppose the video at all, both shots were at distances that incredibly increased the percentage on the shots taken. If you watch the range of motion the guys did while taking the shots it was very minimal. It also appeared both deer were making directional changes at the time the guys shot which may have gave them the time they needed to properly get the shot off. These guys put together a nice hunt in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
scruntinize it all you want, it is what it is, and worked out well for them...this time. To each their own, and I would never think less of these sportsman. There really is no argument in discussing the margin for error in taking a running deer shot with a bow, its obvious, no matter what the circumstances. Just not for it myself my man, didnt intend on rufflin' anyones feathers.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
no feathers ruffled... just a very creative well executed hunt and I am sure they will pull it off again as well. Your caption says it best "It's the indian....Not the arrow"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts