The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a call from the NRA regarding the Gun Ban Treaty?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am a member and support the NRA but if they would stop the early renewal mailings tey would have a lot more money to fight bad legislation. I also find it crass to ask for an amount of maoey as a donation, especially when the amount is large.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I remember posting something about this last summer........
.....<span style="color: #009900">.be prepared!!!!!</span> Look at the "free" countries that already are members of the UN and have a ban.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
whenever i would get a nice overtime check back in the day i used to kick them some booty,man when the overtime was stopped they bugged the heck out of me for more dollars which i didn't have,even called and told then if i get to the position where i can kick them a few bucks i will.they are persistant i must say and it gets to the point of annoying.since retired & grandchildren don't have it anymore.membership is the best i can do.

·
Super Moderator
12,783 Posts
Yes received the call. I am currently a Benefactor Life Member. I help them all I can...

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Fairly brisk business at the NRA membership booth on the two days I was there during the show and quite a few new members, who were worried enough about current threats to the Second Amendment, to finally join.

Their words, not mine.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Got the call last night. I try to help all I can but they sure start out wanting a huge donation.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Costs $35 per year to belong to the NRA as an annual member. Anything beyond that, is up to each individual.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I got the call last night. They only initially asked me for a $50-$75 donation. Either they think I'm poor or they must have been shot down numerous times when asking for larger donations.

·
Registered
371 Posts
We’ve received many queries about this chain e-mail, which refers to a proposed United Nations treaty to regulate the global trade of conventional weapons.

Much of what this e-mail claims is simply false. A "complete ban on all weapons for US citizens" isn’t possible under our Constitution, according to the Supreme Court, which held just last year that:

District of Columbia v. Heller, 26 June 2008: (T)he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table. These include the absolute prohibition of handguns held and used for self-defense in the home.

Furthermore, if an arms trade treaty ever materializes, the administration won’t be able to "bypass" Congress, as the e-mail maintains. All international treaties require the approval of two-thirds of the Senate before they are considered ratified and in effect.

·
Registered
25,510 Posts
Yes, but eventually someone will again post the terms of various treaties the US has entered into, that claim to take precedence over the US Constitution and there will be more debate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts