The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a nice 12 pt last week and took it to the taxi and was torn between which mount. I was thinking the 64 U and 6900 form McKenzie. Guys have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I always like using the McKenzie full sneak with head up. Always makes a great mount. good luck picking..

·
Registered
360 Posts
The 64u looks OK when it is positioned on the wall at around eye level. The higher on the wall it goes, the less I like it. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
JoeSimmons said:
What one do you like the best?
X 2. It doesn't matter what WE like. YOU are the one that has to look at it the rest of your life. Go through some deer hunting magazines and find a pose that strikes you. Take that picture to your taxidermist and ask him to duplicate it. Don't rely on other people's opinions about what YOU are going to have to live with.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
My last one was a 64U. My next one will most likely be a 6900.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
6900 without a doubt. I fell its the best one out there right now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 6400's face is too thin..especially the bridge of the nose. Between the 2 you chose the 6900 is the best. Ohio Taxidermy Supply has, without a doubt, the best sculpted form out there...period. My opinion. Although they don't have too many sizes yet. I agree with the others that it is up to you, not us, as to which form you choose. Good Luck!

·
Registered
485 Posts
i hope OTS can make OTHER forms. more specialty. like wall peds, and aggressive forms. you arent the first one Jeff that i heard good things. specially for the deer in this area.

Do you like Matt thompson forms?

·
Registered
984 Posts
the 6900 or 8400 series are great looking in my opinion. I had my deer 2 years ago done in the 8400, semi upright off set. The 6900 probably will be my next mount. Semi sneak offset is a great look

·
Banned
16,019 Posts
The only thing I don't really care for on the 6900 is the bulge in the neck. I know taxidermists have shaved that down but I still don't care for it. That's just me though.

I have two 6500s and a 4600 full sneak.

·
Banned
649 Posts
Bull Lifter said:
i hope OTS can make OTHER forms. more specialty. like wall peds, and aggressive forms. you arent the first one Jeff that i heard good things. specially for the deer in this area.

Do you like Matt thompson forms?
. OTS has a wall ped out, as far as thompsons forms they are good, but I like others much better

·
Registered
136 Posts
I happened to have a 6900 form on the wall during deer season last year and that's what almost everyone picked. This year I will have an OTS form hanging and hope by then they have some new sizes. Thompson's forms are ok.

·
Registered
835 Posts
This thread is useless without pics.

I don;t have any mounted so I can't help. I just come here for the pics.

Seriously, it would be cool if you could post your mounts with the model numbers. It would be a great thread for others to see when trying to choose.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sweet. Nice coyote too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts