The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I use motorola radios but everytime you release the talk button they beep. We haven't been able to shut the tone off. Also, the tone is the same volume regardless of the volume setting. It is really annoying when deer hunting.

What manufacturers make radios without this beep? Thanks

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I would if I could. None of us can figure out how to do it and my one friend is an engineer. What is the secret?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I found instructions online. Scott, I never knew it was called a "roger beep." A google search with that term got me the instructions. Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
*cough cough* owners manual *cough cough*
Many are down loadable if the owners manual was thrown away when the radios were bought.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
no problem man, i know what you mean though about how annoying that noise is...the first thing when we get new radios it turn that noise off haha

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
...and who would want to hunt with their ears plugged?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave, we actually did try that. We got an earphone for one ear and tried it but it was annoying to hunt with it in.

From what I read online, you turn the radio off, press and hold the + button while turning it back on. That is supposed to turn it off on the Motorolas.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
All motoraola units use the same chip, but not all have the same features. Even model is instructed and "buttoned" different, to get extra $$$ from you.
Try this, it works on most of the lower priced units, but is not in the instructions. Turn it on---press and hold in the "+" button hold in for 5 seconds AND while holding it in turn the unit off. The roger function (with its anoying sound) will be gone. You can avoid any incomming sound from other by placing the unit on vibrate mode (if you have that in your menu).

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Springer Rage said:
LOL, I would if I could. None of us can figure out how to do it and my one friend is an engineer. What is the secret?
Did he go to Penn State?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
thecatskinner and Scott and Stalk,,, its is Obvious that you do not know what Gramin earbuds are or how they work ,If you did you would know they are only used in ONE ear.
WE can see why either of you offered NO help in ths matter ,just a comment that was false

1 - 19 of 19 Posts