The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well three things happened this past fall that I never thought would happen.First is that my daughter Mandii,was anti hunt/trap. She gave permission to allow her daughter Alexis (9) to go hunting.So we got her mentored permit.Then second,mandii goes and gets her hunting license.She was upset that she didn't have her hunters course certificate,But suprise,I had kept it for about 20 years for her.
Next is she goes out turkey hunting and scores on a hen her first time out.So now she's hooked,went deer hunting,and not having a doe tag that's all she seen.
Now she is looking forward to spring gobbler.Hope that works out for her as well.

Alexis with new permit

Ok, so she gets a little bored and she's on her cell phone.

My daughter Mandii and her first turkey.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
That's great stuff right there.

It was nice reading your post! Congratulations to your daughter and grand daughter.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Congratulations,to all of you.I bet your happy your daughter is no longer anti hunting/trapping.What was the reason for her change of heart?

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Congrats PuppyHunter

Two more hunters , who in turn may tell their friends about the wonderful experiences of hunting and being outdoors. This is exactly what hunting need nowadays!!

Win/Win situation for all of us!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike M. said:
Congratulations,to all of you.I bet your happy your daughter is no longer anti hunting/trapping.What was the reason for her change of heart?
I guess it was my fault for her turning anti.When she was little,she wanted to go trapping with me.I left her pick her own spot,she made herself a coon set and next morning she had a muskrat in it,,still alive.I see that I was wrong in making her dispatching it(drowning)She got pretty upset over it's thrashing around,crying her little eyes out. My bad,but that was part of the job. She never went out with me again.
Her fiance is a hunter,I got him into predators this past year.So between him,hunting shows,fishing and my granddaughter begging to go out,she broke down and got her license.
She's already talking about next year and getting her doe tag as well.
She also to my surprise ,she tried it again,liked it and now will eat venison and other game.
So she is now well on her way to becoming a well round sportswoman.
Surprises never end.She also put a rifle on lay-away for her upcoming year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts