The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On INSP network Tuesday evenings at 8:00 pm. The goofy girl host visits craftsmen who have businesses making stuff the old fashioned way. Each show has 3 segments about different fields. A guy in NC that builds really really nice long rifles will be on next Tues March 15. Upcoming things, are bladesmiths, leather workers etc. Not much for technical in depth, but still kind of cool. A carver that makes colonial style trenchers (an oblong wooden bowl) is coming up.

The network is mostly just re-runs and Sunday religious stuff, but this show first aired March 1 with little or no publicity. While I don't care about a person that makes fruity looking womens shoes, overall, I think the network hit on something with this show.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It doesnt look like its available on comcast cable from what I saw when I googled it. It looks like a cool show.

See this is what the history channel or discovery show should be airing.

I love making and building stuff, I always have ever since I was a kid but I make my living sitting behind a desk. I'm always trying to learn a new skill because if there is a possibility of me doing it myself, Id much rather do that.

I've found that youtube is a great resource for that. There are lots of great youtube channels that are made by people who have a passion for what they do. You can generally tell who doesn't know alot about what they are talking about. My wife hates it because I'll watch youtube videos on the tv at night sometimes haha.

Internet forums are great for research also, I love the internet for these uses haha.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
There is a show on the Create channel - an offshoot of PBS 39 on Comcast(Berkscable) called The Craftsmen's Legacy. Not sure when it's on I've caught a few shows by chance flipping with the remote LOL. The host visits with different craftsmen. I've seen him at a saddlemaker, bowmaker and an armourer.

Sorry I don't have better info but I'll look for it now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts