The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On April 1, Dave Altman, Brian Kightlinger and I were interviewed by Gary Drapcho and Mike Ruzzi for WSEE-TV in Erie. Dave killed the 200-class non-typical that I've written about for <span style="font-style: italic">North American Whitetail</span> magazine (September, 2012) and we've discussed on this site. Brian is an official scorer for the Northeast Big Buck Club.

I thought the folks here at HPA would like to see this interview. The buck ended up with an official B&C score of 199 7/8 non-typical, and it ranks #18 among Pennsylvania's all-time non-typical rifle kills. Take a look at this video segment from WSEE's "SportsBlitz".

Here's the link: Dave Altman Buck TV Interview (starts at 1:25). Sorry I can't embed the video here -- I can only post the link to WSEE-TV Erie.

Steve.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm not sure if i would remember to pull the trigger or be able to keep him on the crosshairs if i saw that monster in the woods.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
What a deer. Love it when the reporters asked where he harvested the animal and he said nothing...classic.

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
I'm not much into scores but missing the 200 inch mark by an 1/8 of an inch kinda stinks.Probably shoulda let him go one more year lol.Absolutely incredible deer,especially for this part of the state.

·
Administrator
28,232 Posts
Congrats to Dave Altman on harvesting his awesome buck!

Thanks go to Steve for giving those of us who are outside the WSEE-TV viewing area a chance to see this interview!

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Congrats once again. I find it ironic as all heck that a fella Named Altman shot such a beautiful buck. It's almost Karmic for the anti Gary Alt crowd. A heart felt congrats again on the buck of a life time. "Altman", "Gary Alt" and some say there is no God. Keystonepaul

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dce said:
I'm not much into scores but missing the 200 inch mark by an 1/8 of an inch kinda stinks.Probably shoulda let him go one more year lol.Absolutely incredible deer,especially for this part of the state.
Would you be disappointed if you played the lottery and won only $199,875, instead of $200,000?

Keystonepaul said:
Congrats once again. I find it ironic as all heck that a fella Named Altman shot such a beautiful buck. It's almost Karmic for the anti Gary Alt crowd. A heart felt congrats again on the buck of a life time. "Altman", "Gary Alt" and some say there is no God. Keystonepaul
Funny -- the connection between "Altman" and "Alt" never occurred to me. I wonder what people would have thought if we said his name was "Gary" Altman, instead of "Dave" Altman!

Steve.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wish the best to Mr Gary ALt he showed us what we can have if your not selfserving and let those small legal bucks walk.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
I don't care what your view of AR is or whether or not you are a trophy only hunter. That is the kind of a buck dreams are made of. Of course if given the choice, I would rather take a yearling spike because the meat would be more tender.

Sure I would.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts