The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I recently purchased a gun on here that was topped with a 6-18 nikon buckmaster with target turrets on it. I have to say I HATE these things because this is not a bench gun and every time i get to my spot, i have to look down and make sure the dials haven't turned, which they often do. The question I have is this: is there anywhere to get regular stock turrets for this scope again so I can just cap them and be done? I've called Nikon and they don't seem to understand what I am telling them.
thanks!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those are the ones I found, but sadly they appear to be for the monarch series only, not the buckmaster

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
They have there purpose didnt you know or did you want target turrents when you purchased scope. You would be kind of defeating there purpose if they even have a cap. I would just be more careful.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
do the turrents you have on there now taper to the top? those scopes come with 2 sets of turrents when new. 1 set is able to have caps put over them and the other is not.

ebay may be your best bet.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these do NOT have the ability to cap them. When I bought the gun, it said nikon 4-18 buckmaster with target turrets installed. Had I known they were going to be a p.i.t.a. to replace, i would have passed on combo and offered money just for the gun.
thanks yz, i'll check it out

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I know the newer 6-18 buckmasters came with both types. Not sure about Tue older ones.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I have two of these scopes.

When purchased new they come with 2 sets of turrets, and a set of covers.

Is it possible to contact the person you bought the combo from asking if he has them??

Or contact nikon. It is a possibility that the monarch turrets will fit the buckmasters series????? Just make sure to get the 1/8 MOA adjustments if they do, as that is what your 6-18 is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts