The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well atleast for me, specially this early. from the 6th-10th I now cut,23 total roots. One stump of mine had 6 nice heads. some other trees/stumps "sported" a root but not much mushroom.(first pictures)

Second Pictures is the 3 trees( within 15ft from each other) i checked today 9-10-2011 one tree traditionally makes one, it did, and the other tree makes One as well...but instead it made 8!! it's actually two oak trees together and one of them had fallen on a 45% angle this year. I wish I had my camera at the time to take pictures of them growing but I did not. 3 were growing on the "air"ed root which I think might not make them there again. and one mushroom grew underneath the uplifted tree, it was pretty neat to find one there. it was "hidden".

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Woods are full og them..Don't eat them but I am seeing plenty all over the forest, as well as many other types of muchrooms......Looks like a Bonanza !

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
I wish I could find a few of those. I've been seeing everything else but them!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I left 6 about the size of my fist,i'll be checking them monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found this one today, and a couple the size of my fist that pedaled out. need to check a tree tonight it had 2 that should be ready by today for sure.

·
Registered
806 Posts
ive been out three days now and havent found any edible mushrooms yet!! I thought it would be a good year but I think its too warm. I usually only pick "pipinki" but love sheepshead, just havent found any in a few years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts