The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a gut feeling Biden's task force is going to demand all assault weapons be turned into the government. The fact that they have sold so many in recent times is going to be the cause and they are going to say we can't have all of these on the street. I don't believe for a minute they are going to stop with high capacity mags or grandfather in pre-ban owners. With a bunch of gun owners saying I don't have one so you don't need one they are going to feel emboldened to go for it! I hope I am wrong but my instincts say the day is coming.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
What is an assault rifle? Who is going to define that term, someone who has never or very very seldom held a firearm in their hand. That is where it will get interesting and IMHO is where the fight will be, as semi's are "assualt firearms" to some people.

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
This whole thing will be forgotten by mid January, then I'll find some rock rivers for nickels on the dollar.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With "experts" like Biden and Holder I'm sure their definition will be broad and far reaching.

Don't forget Holder is as anti as they come - “What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that’s not cool, that it’s not acceptable, it’s not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes,” Holder said.

·
Registered
102 Posts
that was the question during the Clinton era gun ban redneck. The powers that be could call any weapon they wanted an assault weapon with a few minor cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had a freak canoe accident on my way into my duck blind a while back down in the swamp. Did everything I could just to save myself and my dog. Lost every semi auto I had. Rifles, shotguns, and 2 glocks, all sunk down in the Durea Swamps. Go find them if you want them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
LLB said:
I got a gut feeling Biden's task force is going to demand all assault weapons be turned into the government. The fact that they have sold so many in recent times is going to be the cause and they are going to say we can't have all of these on the street. I don't believe for a minute they are going to stop with high capacity mags or grandfather in pre-ban owners. With a bunch of gun owners
saying I don't have one so you don't need one they are going to feel emboldened to go for it! I hope I am wrong but my instincts say the day is coming.

Most crazy thing I have heard. The mentality of the most vocal on this board is amazing. This is the USA act like it, doom and gloom, can't get over a set back, always predicting the worst possible outcome before anything is even discussed. Get real, honestly it's hard to believe this thinking continues. Go do something for the better good, volunteer to help the elderly or shut-ins, help out a neighbor, go to work, get a second job, anything to get you out and thinking about how well we have it in this country. Disgusting! Gary U

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary U said:
LLB said:
I got a gut feeling Biden's task force is going to demand all assault weapons be turned into the government. The fact that they have sold so many in recent times is going to be the cause and they are going to say we can't have all of these on the street. I don't believe for a minute they are going to stop with high capacity mags or grandfather in pre-ban owners. With a bunch of gun owners
saying I don't have one so you don't need one they are going to feel emboldened to go for it! I hope I am wrong but my instincts say the day is coming.

Most crazy thing I have heard. The mentality of the most vocal on this board is amazing. This is the USA act like it, doom and gloom, can't get over a set back, always predicting the worst possible outcome before anything is even discussed. Get real, honestly it's hard to believe this thinking continues. Go do something for the better good, volunteer to help the elderly or shut-ins, help out a neighbor, go to work, get a second job, anything to get you out and thinking about how well we have it in this country. Disgusting! Gary U
Thanks for your enlightened insight! You obviously are a perfect model citizen and we all should strive to be like you!

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
120 Posts
LLB said:
Gary U said:
LLB said:
I got a gut feeling Biden's task force is going to demand all assault weapons be turned into the government.

Thanks for your enlightened insight! You obviously are a perfect model citizen and we all should strive to be like you!

Merry Christmas
Never claimed insight, just suggestions to allow you and others to realize how good we have it in this country. Although I'm not perfect I do try to contribute in a positive way. To each his own. Merry Christmas to you and a healthy and happy New Year. Gary U

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Hate to admit it but that is a small reason why I just sold my ar. Along with lack of use and cost of ammo. 2 clips (60 rounds) $20 bucks down range in a couple of minutes. Home defense I am grabbing the pistol or shotgun anyway because of threat of pass through to kids rooms.

those reasons and the high premium they are bringing. Wouldn't have got near what I did 2 Weeks ago.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LLB said:
Gary U said:
LLB said:

Merry Christmas
GaryU: You posted the following on another thread, I see you heed your own advice!!

" Keep fighting everyone who has some differing views and we all lose."

·
Registered
377 Posts
Now they are saying that the Bushmaster was never even used during the shootings. This whole thing has been a of false information. The 24 year old did it and then he didn't. The mother was a teacher and then she was not. And people are letting their emotions run wild about false information! The gov is running their mouths about creating gun control based on false information. Even the police officer on the scene said that someone could have killed using something like a bomb. In a way defending guns.
It's just a big leap for the anti's to use the deaths for their agenda for any gun control they can accomplish.

edited for use of cuss abbreviations

1 - 20 of 23 Posts