The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the turkey population is in Wyoming Co.?

I've been invited to hunt a friend's piece of property that I've never been on before. He is not a hunter at all and says he sees turkeys once in a while. The farm is north of Tunkhannock along the Tunkhannock Creek.

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
Crap loads of turkey in Wyoming county.North of Tunkhannock along the Tunkhannock creek would be heading towards my mother's house.There's a farm on the left just as you cross the bridge by deer park lumber.That farm is loaded with turkeys but also loaded with hunters if that's the farm you're talking about.

I'd certainly try and make a trip up there a head of time.

·
Banned
300 Posts
numbers are down this year for sure. I hunt and work in Wyoming Co and haven't been seeing near the numbers as years past. It's been a hot topic around here.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dce said:
Crap loads of turkey in Wyoming county.North of Tunkhannock along the Tunkhannock creek would be heading towards my mother's house.There's a farm on the left just as you cross the bridge by deer park lumber.That farm is loaded with turkeys but also loaded with hunters if that's the farm you're talking about.

I'd certainly try and make a trip up there a head of time.
No, that's not the farm. It's a little further north. I wouldn't hunt it without scouting first. I just want to see if it's worth going up.
I hunt some south of there in Luzerne and Monroe Counties and the numbers are way down there also.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I hunt the area alot and I agree the numbers are down from years past, however there are still plenty of birds in the area to chase.

·
Registered
20,873 Posts
I grew up outside of Tunkhannock but honestly,rarely have the time to make it back.There were always a lot of turkeys in that area and my brother never seems to have a problem getting one.I woner what the issue is,cold wet springs?

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Anybody live in Sullivan? Have the bird populations in Sullivan also suffered?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts