The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the boards, been hunting birds for a few years and never took a long beard, I dont get much time to scout and hunt hunt in the spring, I was wondering if anyone knows any guides, has a place to hunt, or would be willing to guide me for a Spring gobbler hunt, am willing to pay to finally bag a long beard with the little time that I get, I am willing to travel and I am located in Somerset County, anyone with any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
You don't need to go anywhere.. your county is loaded with turkey... you have local NWTF chapters.. join make a few friends.. knock on doors... plus you have tons of game lands and state forest land.. your in the right place already.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
6-DASHER said:
You don't need to go anywhere.. your county is loaded with turkey... you have local NWTF chapters.. join make a few friends.. knock on doors... plus you have tons of game lands and state forest land.. your in the right place already.
I was thinking the same thing. Ask around and find someone local and ask them to take you out. Offer to pay them to guide you or buy them some calls or something. You're definitely in the right place.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Learn the calls, put your boots on and spend a little time with the birds. If you pay close attention they will teach you all you need to know. The feeling of acomplishment will be all yours when Tom steps into range. Somerset is good turkey country.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Kip Feroce said:
Learn the calls, put your boots on and spend a little time with the birds. If you pay close attention they will teach you all you need to know. The feeling of acomplishment will be all yours when Tom steps into range. Somerset is good turkey country.
VERY SOLID ADVICE!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts