The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best kind of choke for spring turks? I'll be putting it in a Winchester SXP if that helps any.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Typically turkey choke are extra full. There are a ton of them on the market and i wouldnt call any of them bad but each gun and load combo will pattern differently with different chokes. Some of the ones I've used over the yrs are the undertaker, tru glo, and carlsons. All of them shot great patterns when i found the load it liked. The key is to experiment with several loads (as many as you can afford ) and be sure to have some quality adjustable sights or a red dot or scope so u can center that pattern where u need it. A good goal is to put 150 pellets in a ten inch circle at 40 yds and that's not overly hard to do with todays quality chokes and loads . Using hevishot magnum blend i can put considerably more than that with my carlsons tube. If u can consistently get a hundred you will not have much to worry about when you pull the trigger . Good luck !

·
Registered
118 Posts
There are alot of great chokes out there , out of the ones I have tried , Indian creek black diamond strike 665 has the best pattern. I use Winchester 3 1/2 6 shot xtended range in my Browing gold , and also in my son's super vinci.I'm sure you will get many other good choke ideas.Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
12,809 Posts
Good info. above, but don't forget to try the choke that came with your gun if it is full or better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts