·
Administrator
14,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HB 1321

MEMORANDUM
To: All House members
Subject: Turkey Calling Restrictions

In advance of the spring gobbler season, some hunters try to gain an advantage by regularly calling male turkeys with hen calls before the start of the season. This repetition can "educate" turkeys, making it less likely the turkeys will respond to the calls of other hunters when the season opens.

My legislation would address this issue by prohibiting the use of calls that mimic the sound of a hen turkey 30 days prior to the beginning of the spring gobbler season. It would not ban locator calls, nor would it affect turkey calling during the season or at any other time of year, including the fall turkey season.

Please join me in sponsoring this bill.

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
This bill comes up about once a year. Dumb as can be. Like to see how easy that would be to enforce.

How about he makes a bill that says that no one can walk in the woods prior to deer season as that spooks and educates the deer. LOL.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I dunno.....as dumb\smart as those gobblers are I think if they kept coming to the same call and found no hen birds there........after a time why come back?

(In other words....a proposed law that isn't necessary)

·
Registered
20,907 Posts
Turkeys are dumb and they have no ability to reason.Calling to them in the pres-season doesn'y educate them.If that were the case,it would be impossible to call one in the last week of the season and that just happens to be the easiest time to call one in.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
This Goodman guy is as dumb as a box of rocks and needs to be out of office.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts