The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually put up one blind for turkey for when raining and leave up all season i dont really like to hunt turkey out of a blind. I want to get a half blind just so i can move my feet at times, but always heard they are illegal to use in PA? does anyone know if you have to use an enclosed blind?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Agree 100%, it is a vague and dumb law that most likely some turkey hunters disregard as well....I understand that it was put in place years ago for safety concerns...But sitting in the woods against a tree in full camo and calling can be just as dangerous also....

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
According to the letter of the law, if you open a window of the blind to see outside, it immediately becomes an illegal device when hunting Spring Gobblers.
The law states that the blind must block detecting of all movement inside the blind, from an observer outside the blind, encompassing 360 degrees and from above.
If you open a window to see out, you are breaking the law.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
According to the letter of the law, if you open a window of the blind to see outside, it immediately becomes an illegal device when hunting Spring Gobblers.
The law states that the blind must block detecting of all movement inside the blind, from an observer outside the blind, encompassing 360 degrees and from above.
If you open a window to see out, you are breaking the law.
You are 100% correct. That's the problem with an open ended, interpretation type law. You sometimes can't blame folks for thinking the wording and confusion is intentional.

Law should read: Blinds are legal for turkey season.

·
Super Moderator
13,526 Posts
Might try this: In the early days security guards in warehouses would hide inside of empty refrigerator boxes with a small vision opening to observe for possible pilferage by workers. To make them more flexible they cut the bottoms out and cut hand holes on the sides so they could pick them up and move them from place to place without getting out of the box.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts