The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started this project in February. If you'd like to see its progress and how it started, see my other post. I had it in shooting condition in April...right before then, I met a girl and she occupied a lot of my free time...so, the detail work was slow going.

Barrel is a 38" Colerain Turkey choke
Lock is a Chamber's Deluxe Siler
Stock is curly maple precarved by Mark Wheland. Barrel channel, ramrod hole and lock mortise were done.

There was some interest in the first post so figured I'd show the completed gun. My first longrifle stocking project and first time doing any carving. Definitely learned a lot.

·
Registered
679 Posts
You have something to be proud of there. Been following along on the build and enjoyed how you brought us along each step of the way. That is a fantastic looking longrifle!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
WOW ! that is sweet & sure is a keeper !!!

now as for the girl friend............................I dont know her but I`m sure she is sweet too >:)

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Very nice work.

·
Registered
18,913 Posts
The rifle is complete. The project will be complete when you blow the waddles off of a turkey this fall or next spring. Great looking rifle, Mauser. Been following the build and we sure appreciate you taking us along for the ride.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Very nice job, great looking gun, I like the finish on the barrel and stock.

you have plenty of time to warm up on crows and groundhogs before fall turkey

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Outstanding Mauser!! Been following your projects pics/posts & knew it would turnout well!! Best of luck with you new masterpiece!!

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanx all!

I have some patterning to do. Then she'll be ready for the spring turkey woods. I don't recall the last time I took a gun in the fall. It's been a while. But if I tag a buck early, we'll be out this fall.

I have the next build in the vice.....but I won't get much done till January. I am going to start pecking away slowly though as I have a few minutes here n there. Ideally, come January, I have a good head start on it.

Everyone always asks.."what's next".

A picture is worth 1000 words....

Its a 58cal 44" Bobby Hoyt barrel. I bought the plank from Allen Martin and he had Fred Miller inlet the barrel and drilled the rammer hole. I have a Hollenbaugh single set trigger and a Chamber's Dale Johnson lock. It's going to be based on the Andreas Albrecht rifle and Allen Martin's"pre-revolution Lancaster" on his website. We'll see how I can make out...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts