The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the forum seems a little slow latley so i just thought i would post something new.

this is a fox mike did for a customer last month:

this is the turkey he did for the mini pta cometition at cabelas alst month:

hope you all have a great hunting season.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nice work on both. I like that pedestal for the turkey.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i love pedestal mounts too. they look more appealing at eye level and if you have pets it is an added bonus that they cant get to them as easily.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
That turkey is beautiful. I can almost hear him making those angry tom noises LOL. I used to have a bunch of tame wild turkeys, hens and toms, and the toms would do those postures and make certain sounds. All I have left hanging around is 2 hens, foxes got most of the flock and the poults kept dying from probably blackhead which is carried by chickens ( yes, despite all of my trapping- I can never get all of the foxes). The toms I had were also nice ones, none of them ever attacked people like so many other tame wild toms seem to do. Anyway, the 2 hens I have left seem to be pretty OK hanging out with the 8 guineas.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
martinshooter: oh, paul has it in the bag every time..he is amazing with the birds. mike wants to take class with him sometime!
foxtrapper: mikes dad is a farmer and has guineas running around...we love the fact they eat the tics!! (our son had rocky mountian spotted fever the other year...so scary.)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Wow - very well done!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts