The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into setting up my own beginner's workshop for my bow. I'm asking everyone for their advice on which tools to get and any suggested brands. I won't have the money for a press and I have a few items such as allen wrenches, wax etc. I saw five different bow squares (?) and about seven nocking pliers at the store the other day. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Need a bow vice, spend the money on a press (you need it), arrow saw, A.S.D., fletching jig, laser pointer, arrow level.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i dont know i dont if i would spend the money on a laser pointer, i have a x-press not cheap at all but a great press, get a good set of nocking pliers, string separator

·
Registered
20,874 Posts
Some handy items would be an arrow spinner,G5 squaring devise,a cheap level system,fletching tool,serving seperator,serving tools.None of that is expensive.Once you get rolling,a good bow press and an arrow saw are both nice.

·
Super Moderator
12,815 Posts
good advise...buy a little bit at at time. You can save over the long haul by doing much of your own work and it is part of the fun.

·
Banned
462 Posts
dce said:
Some handy items would be an arrow spinner,G5 squaring devise,a cheap level system,fletching tool,serving seperator,serving tools.None of that is expensive.Once you get rolling,a good bow press and an arrow saw are both nice.
Agreed and I would add one suggestion....DO NOT BUY A FRIGGIN LASER!

If you want a press just get a bowmaster for now for $50, its not as quick or easy as a conventional press but it works and takes up NO room!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts