The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished there for the first time on Tuesday. Nice creek with a lot of fish able water. Managed to get two decent sized rainbows and 3smallmouth. I could not believe how many carp were in there. I don't think I would ever fish it on the weekend due to how many people were fishin during the week. I was the only guy seen throwing a spinning rod with spinners, everyone else was fly fishing. Definitely would go back.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Haven't fished that creek for years due to the pressure it gets. It gets absolutely pounded in the DHALO area. You're right, most of the pressure is from fly fishers.

It is a tail water stream but it can get warm in the summer because the lake isn't very deep.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Agree that it's a nice creek to fish. The fish in the DHALO area are well educated by this time however. Best to hit those special reg areas right after they are stocked. A fisherman could probably do better right now at the bait area of the Tully where everyone seems to give up on a week after the stocking.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I fished the Tully yesterday morning below the dam breast. Caught 5 rainbows and lost 3 others all on a crayfish lure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts