The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a "X" with around 150 birds monday morning on one of my fields I have permission for. We were set up for LST and ready to go.

Along on this hunt were Steven, Will Hix, Mitch Mosler and his man dog Ranger. Worked a few ducks early and downed 2.

The geese all came in one large flock but went right over us like they were on a mission to parts unknown. I was worried we might be skunked due to the weather change and that might be it for the day.

About 20 minutes later small flocks started to come back and we started to down some birds. I don't get to hunt with dogs much and it was a pleasure to watch Ranger work.
I feel Ranger was responsible for 4 birds we would have never brought to bag if he was not with us. All in all it was a great day with with 3 good guys.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Glad to see someone around here kill'n some LONGNECKS!!!

BoooYaaaa!!!!

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Great pics. I think it's so cool when folks posting pics, in which a dog plays a prominent role in the hunt, features them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm glad at least one part of the state has geese

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Geese are not in short supply out this way, that's for sure. Quite a few of us would rather take the risk and hunt ducks than take the sure thing on some geese, at least that's how my group of friends is. I also like the dog pics, I can't wait to see my new pup slam into a running honker trying to get away.

Congrats on the ducks in a layout, Pappy. Seems like the only time I get a duck to work a field spread the season has already expired.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
congrats great hunt....im starting to see bigger flocks of geese...in south montgromery county....im headed out tomorrow on the water...and im curious what birds..im going to see....if any...Honkers51

1 - 12 of 12 Posts