The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Five different gobblers going nuts on the two hillside's behind my house, the one is about 100 yds from my backyard, been listening to them since I got the wife's car out of the garage for work at 6am. Heard a shot at 6:30. That sure quieted the commotion down.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Went back to the field I watched the hen feed for two hours yesterday and had a gobbler open up around 6am across a dirt road 300 yards from where I'm sitting. I can't tell if he can hear but he's sure making a commotion over there. About 6:15 he shuts up and I thought I heard a different one in the distance to my left but wasn't sure. Well at 6:40 here comes the one I thought I heard into the pasture and he's looking for a hen. He stretched his neck and gobbled about 50 yards away and I took the shot and sent a load of Hevi-shot Magnum Blend and he dropped on the spot.

10 inch beard with 1 1/4 spurs

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
Reading these daily threads really make me regret saving all my vacation for deer season. I knew back in January that May would be a painful month for me.
Anyhow.......congrats to all the successful hunters so far and thanks for posting your daily experiences. I am living vicariously through all of you.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Turkey's are not cooperatating with TBrom this year. :mad: Worked a longbeard off the roost for several hours. Finally got him to pop out into the field 75 yards below me and when he saw the decoys he turned and ran for his life. :cry: Back after em in the AM.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just got back from potter county. Heard no gobbling Saturday but seen a longbeard , a few jakes and some hens in a group. I called just prior to seeing them. Once I seen them I knew I was positioned bad fir them to get to me so I circled around. I never seen them again.
Monday got in closer to where I seen them and they were gobbling good at 5:30 (seemed early to me) they were on the ground at 5:50 and never heard or seen them again.

today I put on 8.6 miles of new area and seen next to no turkey sign and the sign I seen was old. No turkeys heard. Found some very promising bear/deer areas though.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Hunted NY the first three days and only heard a few gobbles on Monday. Hunted Pa. today and heard a bird at about 8 and killed him at 10. They been very quiet around here the last two weeks.
Congrats!! Berks county public land?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts