The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #003300">Thought it might be a lucky number so I came down with the BP FLU! Out I go around 930 for the day-----I hope to connect again since this looks to be my last chance. This weekend we will celebrate my son turning 10 at a Laser Tag place in MD. I hope to at least catch glimps of todays first snowflake as I ponder this years deer season and how truely wonderful each and every day out was better than any day on the couch in front of the TV!</span></span>

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out I head----Good luck to those going out today---report tonight!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Caught the bug bout 4 pm last Friday. Was pretty bad and the Doc said to take a week off and get lots of therapy. Close encounters last evening and this morning- just no more smoke yet.

Good Luck fighting that bug and shoot straight all!

·
Premium Member
23,576 Posts
Thanx Dale. Just hope I can get into my camp. Gettin out doesnt bother me!! Got 300 lbs of propane so im good for 2 months!!

·
Registered
995 Posts
On monday I saw some deer skirt my position at at a pinch over 100 yards. I didn't have to worry about shooting them that far away as they wouldn't stop where I could see ribs.

So tuesday I went back out and sat down in the same spot that the deer crossed the day before. It was snowing like crazy so I got lots of snow in my lock while checking on my powder. At this point I wasn't sure that the gun would go off because it has been exposed to multiple heat cycles in my car as well lots of snow on it. I found a sheltered area to clean the lock off with some alcohol and then put the gun back together with the plastic lock cover on it. About ten minutes after I did this a small deer crossed in front of my stump. I decided that I might as well fire since I would need to clean the gun if it wasn't going to go off anyway, and also because the season is getting pretty old and I am not being very choosy at this point. I cocked the back hammer and went maaaattt so the deer would stop which she did right on cue. I pulled the trigger and the gun roared but through the smoke I could see the deer flopping. I did hit the deer high on the shoulder probably because for some reason my gun just decided that it wants to shoot about 4 inches high for some reason. That shot did require a follow up shot shot. I do need more practice with the muzzloader and the bow but at least now I know that I can hit a deer at 60 ish yards with the muzzleloader.

The deer is just a small doe but hey it's my first deer with the flintlock and people eat lamb so I can't be that twisted can I?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Nice KIll Bud and congrats on your first shot with flint.

I missed my first shot with flint the first week. Still trying for the redemption shot and have seen deer everyday this week, just no more shots. Two days to go, and can't wait. It's gonna happen soon and hope another shot at camp land's monster buck presents itself... tomorrow should be the day if'n it happens this year

1 - 20 of 20 Posts