The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to trapping. This is my first year. I have done research, watched videos, read books and read what was going on on the trapping board here. I have had my traps out for about two weeks. I know its a late start but my work schedule does not allow me a full season of trapping. I have not had any luck so far and I am just trying to figure out what im doing wrong. I was wondering if there were any experienced trappers in the 5C area I could maybe "tag" along with and just see how the process goes and maybe try and figure out what im doing wrong. I am from Green Lane/Harleysville area. I am the kind of person that learns a lot more from "doing" than just reading and watching movies on something. Any help or anyone that doesn't mind a partner to tag along on a Saturday would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
749 Posts
what typ of terrain you trapping,woods,farm land?????for K9's location is the key.....many tracks in the snow? possibly they just arent there...fox breeding season is starting up so you may have a dry place....

if you want to learn locations get out now in the snow and follow the tracks..they will tell you where the good locations are....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im trapping one farm which is fields and woods...Im keeping my traps in the fields though. Im also trapping two other properties which are all woods...very rocky terrain. I know there are fox here. I have seen them plenty of times hunting for deer, turkey, goose and any other critter you can hunt in PA. I have hunted these locations for the last 15 years, So i guess you could say I know the terrain. Im set up on trails where fox come through...No snow down here now, but when we had snow, there were tracks through the woods so I know im set up where fox come through.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Your in a GREAT area.i grew up trapping that area.Study the books and videos on LOCATION.There are tons of fox in your area.Get on location and you'll be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts